blog address: http://bit.ly/2uBAa97
blog details: Key Take Away
This training on BSA compliance will help you understand the concept of tax evasion and tax fraud and the difference between the two. Learn the best practices to identify tax fraud and how to report suspicious activity.
Bank Secrecy Act requires financial institutions to assist government agencies to detect and prevent money laundering. In May 2013 FinCEN published issue #23 of The SAR Activity Review Trends Tips & Issues. Table 2 documents the most frequent activities defined in Category S – Other. Tax Fraud or Evasion makes up 22% of those cases. FinCEN goes on to discuss an Overview of Correspondent Banks, Tax Havens, Shell, Shelf and Offshore Companies and Trusts. They also discuss Tax Fraud or Evasion in their section on Significant Money Laundering Trends and Patterns by Accountants or CPAs. If FinCEN is giving this much time and attention to this topic, so should you.
Look at some of the headlines just from this year alone:
• Rody accuses newspaper owners of tax evasion.
• UK woman arrested, millions recovered in tax probe
• Caterpillar Is Accused in Report to Federal Investigators of Tax Fraud
• Sylvain Marveaux briefly detained in tax fraud investigation
• Star of 'American Guns' convicted of fraud, tax evasion
Why Should You Attend
Tax Evasion and Tax Fraud are at the cornerstone of an effective BSA/AML compliance program. Effective monitoring and proper understanding of the topic are required to accurately describe the transactions on a Suspicious Activity Form.
Areas Covered In This Webinar
• What’s the difference? Tax Evasion vs Tax Fraud
• Why do I care?
• Why it matters
• Global Tax Evasion
• The Swiss Connection
• Tax Havens
• Ties to Money Laundering and Terrorism
• FATCA. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
• Identity Theft and Tax Fraud
• FinCEN& Red Flags
This bank compliance webinar will address the types of transactions and give you examples of how to drill down further to assess those risks.
Who Will Benefit
• Bank and credit union compliance officers
• BSA/AML officer
• BSA analysts
• BSA investigators
• Bank or credit union operations officers
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1- 844-414-1400
keywords: aml compliance, aml program, aml webinars, anti money laundering compliance program, bank compliance, bank compliance program
member since: Jul 17, 2017